Monday, November 3, 2014

Photo Shoot- Bikini's made from Recycled Plastic

Photo Shoot
for Bag to Bikini Videos



 The positive energy of the Ocean fuels my passion for transforming harmful waste into beauty.  My intention is to create one-of-a-kind pieces crocheted out of up-cycled materials intercepted from our waste stream.
Through encouraging activism, reducing consumerism and promoting conservation and love; I am spreading the message “it’s good luck to pick up trash” and “it’s sexy to consume less” (especially single use items).
I hope people who see my work are inspired to start using reusable products and  take an active role in protecting our shared and limited resource, WATER.
All the beachwear is handmade by me on the central coast of California.
Currently I am the Rise Above Plastics lead for my local Surfrider Chapter working with passionate people who are actively protecting and enjoying our ocean, waves and beaches. I am also part of Project Vortex, an international collective of artists working with plastic debris.

More at www.sarahbellums.com

No comments:

Post a Comment